Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 24 Candidate Alpha-1.6 Available Now!

On Sat, 2016-03-19 at 03:48 -0700, rawhide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> According to the schedule [1], Fedora 24 Candidate Alpha-1.6 is now
> available for testing. Please help us complete all the validation
> testing! For more information on release validation testing, see:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Release_validation_test_plan

Hey folks! Just a quick note on this: this was the first non-nightly
validation event that was created and announced automatically rather
than manually. I know some of you like to have the links to the compose
request ticket in the emails so you can see what packages were
requested for the compose; for the moment that's gone missing because
the event creation code doesn't know how to find the ticket and the
specific comment within it for this event. I'll see if it's not too
painful to at least get a link to the ticket back into the email, but
if it would be too finicky, we'll instead work on getting the same
information back by other means; ideally we want the whole process of
requesting and creating candidate composes to be automated too, and if
that got done it would likely be quite easy for the bot to use
information from that process in the announcement mail.

One thing I can look at is using PDC to get a full package diff between
the compose and the previous one.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey