Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 24 Alpha Candidate 1 (Alpha 1.1) Available Now!

On Mon, 2016-03-14 at 21:50 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> A little after scheduled [1], Fedora 24 Alpha Candidate 1 (Alpha 1.1)
> is now available for testing. Please help us complete all the
> validation testing!
>
> I had to use a nasty hack to generate the event, but hopefully you
> can't tell from the outside! Please excuse any kinks in the process
> while we figure everything out. This compose is almost identical to
> today's nightly, except it adds a qt5/plasma-workspace update which is
> intended to fix failed logout from KDE. Feedback on that update would
> be appreciated:
> https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2016-13bc6572ac
>
> I will hack something up to get the openQA results transferred into the
> wiki page shortly. Also note that I tweaked the 'default boot and
> install' test table slightly just to better reflect the images we
> actually get with F24 composes - 'Workstation netinst' is no longer
> listed (it exists, but no-one wants us to test it, it will not be
> shipped as part of 'official' releases), 'Everything netinst' is added.

OK, I got the openQA results in (more ugly hacks, don't ask). One more
note: in case anyone's wondering, the 'missing' i386 images are
intentional, Dennis disabled compose of most of the i386 images since
we know they're completely broken anyhow (they've been failing to boot
for a couple of weeks). The ones remaining are ones that can't really
be disabled.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey