Re: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_dnf directions 23->24 (and dnf) not working

On Fri, 2016-02-12 at 00:08 -0500, Felix Miata wrote:
> I've used it many times before without issue, but now trying to
> upgrade 23 to
> 24 that way can't get past step one. The only fedora-repos-rawhide
> initially
> available via dnf is the already installed v23, until *after*
> switching the
> enabled repos. Dnf update dnf claims to work, but after claimed
> success, dnf
> spits out errors regardless what trying to use it to do.
> Alternatively, using
> rpm to upgrade to fedora-release-24-0.6.noarch.rpm
> fedora-repos-24-0.2.noarch.rpm fedora-repos-rawhide-24-
> 0.2.noarch.rpm, then
> use dnf to finish the upgrade eventually also results in complete dnf
> flummoxing (as does trying with yum-deprecated) with errors:

I'm not sure what's going on there off the top of my head, but I'd
suggest just using dnf-system-upgrade. openQA is testing it daily, so
we at least know the mechanism is working. It may not work starting
from a messed-up system, though, so if you have backups (seems like you
do), restore to a clean f23 state first.

It's possible there are simply dependency issues at present with your
particular package set, in which case you kinda have to wait for them
to be fixed (or fix them yourself) - report them if they're not already
reported - or remove the packages that cause the issue.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey