Re: Fedora 24: i686 images no longer 'release blocking'

On Fri, 2016-01-29 at 01:06 +0000, Francisco Villavicencio wrote:
> Dear Chris & Adam:
> I have an i686 - 32 bit computer for a long time an it works fine for
> me. Are you perhaps suggesting that I have to throw my old Camaro for
> a new Rolls Royce?

We didn't make this decision, and it's not going to get changed by the
QA team discussing it. I'm just reporting the decision that's been made
and the impact it will have on our team.

(however, I have to note that your analogy is a little off. It's more
the case that we're not providing guarantees that our parts will fit on
Model T's any more, but we continue to do so for 1963 Trans Ams.
Seriously. i686 hardware is *old*. There are people out there with
working 8088s. It doesn't mean we're obliged to provide Fedora builds
for them until the capacitors finally give out. There has to be *some*
point at which we can say "we just can't justify putting the work into
supporting those boxes any more". When we stopped supporting i386,
there were still people with working i386 boxes. Ditto i586. It
happens.)

>  I'm using my computer since Fedora 4 came on an now it has Fedora 23
> Workstation. Along those releases I noticed that there are some
> problems that goes from release to release without fixing  them. Only
> to shoe one example: I tried to run fedora-easy-karma on may f23 and
> I have this message: Line 47 import yum. It is supposed that yum is
> deprecated and in no more on f23+. This bug was reported last year
> when f22 was  still alive, now on 2016, no one cares about it. Who is
> supposed to fix that bug?

Not anything to do with this thread, but the yum import is conditional,
it only gets done if 'import dnf' fails, which should only happen if
python2-dnf isn't installed (which could be the case if you have a very
minimal Fedora install, since dnf itself is now py3 by default).
Installing python2-dnf should resolve it.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey