media check default on lives

This is curious, I'm noticing this with Fedora 23 and Rawhide
workstation live images. On BIOS, media check is in a submenu, it's
not the default option. Whereas on UEFI systems, it's the 2nd option
on the menu and is the default option.

All other media, Server DVD, Atomic ISO, all netinstalls, media check
is the default option.

Bug that it's not the default option for live installs on BIOS systems?

Because it's slow, and doesn't have a great way of notifying the user
of either success or failure, I kinda question whether it makes sense
to make it the default. But the main question is why is the default
inconsistent.

--
Chris Murphy