Re: Off Topic -- "X-BeenThere: " missing from list message headers.

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 12:42:53PM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-11-23 at 11:35 -0800, Joshua Andrews wrote:
> > Suddenly my message filters stopped working. I've been using "X-BeenThere:"
> > in the message headers to filter list emails. Do I need to create new
> > filters, has X-BeenThere been obsoleted?
>
> This is probably to do with the mailman3 update. I'd recommend using
> the 'List-id' header for mailing list identification purposes; that
> header is actually defined in an RFC - RFC2919 - so all mailing list
> software should produce it.

do we know if the fedora users list (or, for that matter, any of the
CentOS lists) will be making the same change? I note, when working on
my .procmailrc to handle this change, that I also have all those lists
set up to use X-BeenThere:. (It'd be nice to not have them all appearing
in the wrong place, all of a sudden! :))

Thanks!

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ----------------------------
                    Do you not know? Have you not heard?