Re: Keyboard mapping during system installation

On Wed, 2015-10-28 at 09:35 +0100, Joachim Backes wrote:
> Hi F23 testers,
>
> seeing a (small) problem during F23 installation (RC5 included):
>
> After choosing the keyboard type in a X11 based Fedora installation
> (for
> example "german no dead keys"), this keyboard type won't be effective
> in
> the tty's (^alt+F1,^alt+F2,...). The keys are still of US KB type. I
> have to load the correspondent KB mapping for getting the right
> mapping
> in the ttys ("loadkeys de" for example, or similar).
>
> I think this is a *task to be done by anaconda* during the
> installation.
>
> Anybody sees this too?

Yes, anaconda does not do that. I'm not sure it'd really want to. The
whole issue of X vs. console keyboard layouts is a very icky one which
badly needs a better solution at a much lower level (ideally, we need
user-space consoles using the xkb infrastructure for keyboard input,
which was supposed to happen like two years ago but hasn't yet).
vpodzime would probably be the anaconda person to talk to about it.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey