Re: [F24 Criteria Change] Cockpit Release Criteria

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 07:41:56AM -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> On Thursday, October 22, 2015 02:35:11 PM Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> > Recently, we discovered a bug in gnutls that caused Cockpit to be
> > unreachable by recent versions of Google Chrome. It was ambiguous what
> > the release criteria actually means, since it didn't specify which
> > browser applications were blocking. I'd like to propose the following
> > additional wording for Cockpit criteria:
> >
> > * All Cockpit functional criteria must be satisfied when the user is
> > running any of the following blocking browsers:
> >  - Mozilla Firefox as shipped in the same Fedora release
> >  - Mozilla Firefox of the latest available version on Windows at
> >    compose time.
> >  - Mozilla Firefox of the latest available version on OSX at compose
> >    time.
> >  - Google Chrome of the latest available version on Fedora at compose
> >    time.
> >  - Google Chrome of the latest available version on Windows at compose
> >    time.
> >  - Google Chrome of the latest available version on OSX at compose time.
> >

> > Alternately, we could decide that it's only *blocking* if the above
> > browsers work with Cockpit when the browser is running on Fedora, but
> > that is somewhat at odds with our reasoning for having a management
> > console as a web UI in the first place: that it is accessible
> > regardless of the client system.
>
> I think that it is fine. But you need to make sure you have resources
> available to test on Windows and OS X. I wonder what can be done to do
> automated testing on the platforms to ensure things work. I would like to have
> us try and automate most if not all of the validation,  at least in a basic
> level.
>
> Dennis

FWIW, I'm willing to help write some selenium [0] tests for validating
cockpit. Depending on if we can get licenses for the different OSs we
want to validate against, we could also set up a grid [1] for that.

It's been a while since I've worked with selenium, but I don't think
it'd take me long to get back up to speed.

[0] http://www.seleniumhq.org/
[1] https://github.com/SeleniumHQ/selenium/wiki/Grid2

--
// Mike