Re: Fedora23 - TC9: it's not possible install vlc and ffmpeg

On 10/18/2015 02:37 PM, Dario Lesca wrote:
It's not possible to test Fedora 23 Workstation without rpmfusion
repository, because, for example, many of user multimedia file is not
playable (mp3, avi, ecc).

And now, rpmfusion it's not yet ready for f23, not even rawhide.

I have must manually modify rpmfusion*repo to point it on f22 rpmfusion
version to install some useful apps, like vlc or ffmpeg, but it's not
the same thing.

I believe F23 cannot release without a valid test of rpmfusion package,
rpmfusion must ready some time before Fedora release for test many
useful package.

Yes, I know, rpmfusio is independent from Fedora, but IMHO Fedora It is
closely linked to rpmfusion, without it it's not a usable distro.

Or I'm wrong?

Yes, you're wrong. This is entirely an rpmfusion issue and Fedora is not tied or beholden to it in any way. While it may be impossible for *you* and other rpmfusion users to test F23, there are a vast array of uses of Fedora that it now way require rpmfusion.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx