Re: dnf shows no F23 updates

Dne 29.9.2015 v 16:04 Ron Yorston napsal(a):
Lukas Brabec wrote:
It seems that dnf-1.1.2-2 from updates-testing was broken, it
didn't check the repos properly. I downgraded the dnf (and all
dependencies) with yum-deprecated to dnf-1.1.1-2 and it works now.

Thanks for the hint.  Downgrading dnf from 1.1.2-2 to 1.1.1-2 resulted
in 'dnf update' finding 214MB of updates, which is more like what I was
expecting.  I see that dnf-1.1.2-2 wasn't among them.

I really don't much like dnf:  its default behaviour seems off compared
to yum and I have less trust in it than I did yum.

IMHO primary problem I can see here with dnf is -
it's pushed to rawhide with no testing by it's developers.

It's the core problem - some developers thinks/believe that rawhide is just collection of garbage that none is using - but they are quite wrong on this.

PEOPLE ARE USING IT - so please avoid pushing random trash to rawhide repo....

thanks

Zdenek