Re: The most recent kernel: Plague of Fives, and fatally inefficient networking

On 09/28/2015 01:38 PM, Dan Mossor wrote:
On 09/24/2015 02:27 PM, Temlakos wrote:
Everyone:

1. The kernel, once again, is prone to an annoying flaw: it produces a
Plague of Fives. Any time a text box opens up, a string of repeated
digits 5 appears. The only way to shut it off is to type "5" again.

/No/, kernel group! Do /not/ tell me I have a problem with a sticking 5
key. If that were the problem, then pressing Shift would change
"55555555555..." to 5555555555%%%%%%..." It doesn't. More to the point,
the Plague of Fives tended to go away with the next iteration of the kernel.

Temlakos

Huh, and here I thought my "refurbished" Logitech Wave wireless keyboard wasn't fully refurbished. I had a weird problem with the 5 key a while ago - the only way to stop it was to hit "5" on the number row. No other key would stop it, and shift didn't change it. But it's gone now. I think.

The Plague of Fives came back with the latest kernel push. Which is one reason I rebooted to the last known good kernel. That stopped the Plague of Fives, and also resolved an issue with some very slow file transfer across my private network.

Temlakos