Re: Firefox steals display -

On 09/25/15 15:58, Samuel Sieb wrote:
On 09/25/2015 07:50 AM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
It still "steals" the Thunderbird screen. Very annoying to click on a
link and suddenly be confronted with a different screen. Does anyone
know what I can do to change this.

Did those changes work before? I expect that's a function of the window manager, not firefox. I use gnome shell and when I click on a link, it even switches desktops to the one where I keep the firefox windows.

Yes, there's also a box in XFCE settings that needs to be checked and I always do that.

Again from my notes:

"To prevent Firefox from stealing Thunderbird focus when cllicking on a link in an e-mail:

    XFCE Settings
    Window Manager Tweaks
    Focus
    Honor standard ICCCM focus hint     Leave this checked.
    Then check "Do nothing"

Stops Firefox from taking the Thunderbird window when a link is clicked on."

These settings usually work, changes I make routinely, and they work in F22.

I just thought I would mention it since it appears to be a new problem,

Thanks for responding,

Bob

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA