Re: after dnf update, Gnome SW utility still requests the same updates

> On 16 September 2015 at 09:31, Kamil Paral <kparal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Actually, this was supposed to be fixed (PK was supposed to refresh
> > metadata when it detected altered rpm database), but apparently it isn't.
>
> Of course, the limitation is that packagekitd has to be running at the
> time. I don't know if that was the case here.
>
> Richard.

Hey Richard,

would it be possible to remember the last rpmdb timestamp when packagekitd starts, stops or when it detects a change, and then compare it when packagekit is started again? That would cover these cases.

But I believe I've seen this issue as well a few times recently, and it was during standard system operations (i.e. PK should be always running), so I guess there's still some issue with it. I haven't had time to report it and attach full logs, unfortunately.