Re: F23 Alpha, LiveCD, installation to ext harddisk

On August 12, 2015 10:12:27 AM EDT, Joerg Lechner <julechner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>Hi, an other description:
>- System Acer E15 Laptop
>- System loaded F23 Desktop Alpha Release x86_64 on an USB Flash Media
>(not installed)
>- click on Gnome SW installation tool
>- install Gparted - not possible -> error
>- click on xterm
>- dnf install Gparted -> not permanent installation ok, Gparted runs ok
>naturally is Gparted only installed for this load of F23, it's only in
>the RAM.
>
>Second problem:
>- installed F23 on an external harddisk
>- Final preparations as wanted by Gnome
>- Step activate WLAN (WIFI) ok, connection accepted
>in the right upper corner of the screen there is a button (continue or
>skip)
>in my opinion after successful connection to WIFI there should be
>"continue",
>but there is still "skip" shown. Possibly we can forget this, but I
>wanted to
>mention this.  Worthwhile for a bug report? If yes, I don't know the
>subject to
>  place it.
>Kind Regards

Oh, i get it - you're talking about the initial setup wizard. I think maybe the issue there is you can be connected to a hotspot but not have internet access, but i think maybe just the 'continue/skip' choice doesn't make sense in general for that pane. The place to file a bug would be bugzilla.gnome.org, against 'gnome-initial-setup'. Thanks!

I did notice that GNOME software seems to have trouble in 23 at present too, I'm planning to look into it in a bit more detail when i have some time after flock.
--
adamw