Re: F23 on PATA or SATA ext. disk?

On Thu, Aug 06, 2015 at 01:55:40PM -0400, Joerg Lechner wrote:
> for testing purposes I use a fast Laptop (with Win 8.1) and Fedora on
> an external disk. For F23 testing is it preferable to have the system
> on an PATA external disk? or SATA ext. disk? Or should this be no
> matter of significance?

I think both would be useful, for opposite reasons. Most modern systems
and drives are SATA, so by testing that, you test what most people will
see. On the other hand, by testing PATA, you're testing something more
obscure, where problems are less likely to already have been noticed by
somone else.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>