Re: There is a problem, but...

On Sun, 2015-08-02 at 06:21 +0100, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Sat, 2015-08-01 at 21:19 -0400, Christopher Meng wrote:
> > On Sunday, August 2, 2015, Igor Gnatenko <
> > i.gnatenko.brain@xxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I think ABRT could have a backtrace and there you can report a
> > > bug.
> > >

> > I use 3 IDEs from JB and all work fine. Check your system memory to
> > see if
> > there is resources strain. All JB products are written in Java.
> >
> > ABRT isn't the key.
>
> What is the check you suggest I should try?
>
> The workstation has 12GB of memory so that shouldn't be the problem.
> As
> far as I am aware the IDE launchers all set 784MB for the JVM heap.
> The
> setting of PermGen size is deprecated/gone in JDK8 (though I haven't
> switched to G1).
>
> JetBrains are slowly working in Kotlin code to their Java code with a
> view to ditching Java.

I'd say Igor had the right idea. If Shell is crashing, run abrt and try
to report the crash. That's going to help figure out what's going on. I
do recall some issues of this kind (Shell crashing when Java apps were
run) in maybe F21, but can't remember the details...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey