Re: [Fedora QA] #476: Proposed Test Day - Cinnamon Spin

On Fri, 2015-07-17 at 08:25 +0200, Giulio (juliuxpigface) wrote:
> Il 17/Lug/2015 01:11, "Fedora QA" <trac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
> >
> > #476: Proposed Test Day - Cinnamon Spin
> > ----------------------+------------------------
> >  Reporter:  grinnz    |       Owner:
> >      Type:  task      |      Status:  new
> >  Blocking:            |
> > ----------------------+------------------------
> >  It would be awesome if the QA team could setup a test day for the
> > new
> >  Cinnamon spin. I don't have a preference on the date.
> >
> >  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Cinnamon_Spin
> >
> > --
> > Ticket URL: <https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/476>
> > Fedora QA <http://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa>
> > Fedora Quality Assurance
> > --
>
> This was also dicussed in a recent meeting and, as said there, it
> will be a
> great chance to engage people for testing.
>
> We might also discuss about the modality: since the standard test
> cases
> will be tested by us during release validation, I'd rather write a
> call for
> a sort of exploratory testing. Increasing people's freedom with the
> flexibility of exploratory testing, we might receive a broader
> coverage.
>
> My idea is to include a reference to the standard testcases inside
> the wiki
> page, but not to flag them as mandatory during the TestDay, in order
> to get
> some exploratory efforts.
>
> What do other QA folks think about it?
> Have a nice day

Sure, this is a very good approach. There's no such thing as
'mandatory' for a test day really :), but we've often had ones where we
list some test cases and also explicitly ask for exploratory testing
and provide a space for reporting the results.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey