Re: Linux dual boot criteria

On Fri, 2015-07-03 at 11:11 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> The Fedora 23 final release criteria includes criteria for Windows
> and
> OS X but not Linux. The last time this was brought up was Fedora 21.
>
> Exiting *dual boot* (not multiboot) language:
>
> Windows dual boot
> The installer must be able to install into free space alongside an
> existing clean Windows installation and install a bootloader which
> can
> boot into both Windows and Fedora.
>
> OS X dual boot
> The installer must be able to install into free space alongside an
> existing OS X installation, install and configure a bootloader that
> will boot Fedora.
>
> Suggested Linux dual boot language
> The installer must be able to install into free space, including free
> space created by an installer supported shrink operation, alongside
> an
> existing Linux installation and configure a bootloader that will boot
> both Linux OS's.
>

> So that suggests if the installer supports shrink of ext3/4 (which it
> does) this should work;

I'm not sure about this, as it's inconsistent with the other two. I
think perhaps either we should require shrinking to work in all dual
boot cases or none. At present we don't require it to work in any case
(we only require that shrink operations be correctly attempted). If the
anaconda devs are OK with changing it in all cases then that'd be fine.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey