Re: oversized icons in nautilus

On 05/24/2015 12:05 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
On 05/24/2015 07:40 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
On 05/23/2015 07:31 PM, Joachim Backes wrote:
On 05/23/2015 06:43 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
Hi,

in fc22, I am observing unreasonably oversized directory icons
(256x256?) in nautilus, much bigger than file icons (64x64?).

How to change this?

Ralf

I asked this question already in the early f22 alpha times, but got only
the answer that later nautilus versions would solve this problem. But
nothing happened :-( Still huge desktop icons, whose size is not
reducable, despite they are of type SVG.

Which DE are you using. I am observing this phenomenon when using
nautilus w/ xfce, but not with Gnome Classic.

Replying to myself:

Seems to me as if this issue is related to the icon theme being used. Apparently the "Fedora" and the "Mist" icon theme expose this issue, while others (amongst them the "Gnome", "HighContrast") don't[1].

Somewhat special seems to be the oxygen icon. It seems to scale file and dirs at the same size, but twice the size of "Gnome" ;)

So, my conclusion: The Fedora, Mist and Oxygen icon theme seem not to harmonize well with nautilus and xfce (Read: These themes are broken).

Ralf

[1] In xfce, try Settings->Xfce Theme Manager->Icons
Ralf, in the Nautilus window running on Gnome, click on the middle button on the right side of the upper panel (nine dots). There is a slider control below the layout selection buttons at the top. Move the slider to the left. That fixes the issue for me.

RBM