Re: dnf vs yum

On 05/23/2015 05:33 PM, Russel Winder wrote:
I switched from yum to dnf, and now have managed to stop typing yum :-)

However, I have a collection of packages that are not upgrading, I
assume due to dependencies not being satisfied. With Yum I could find
out what the dependencies were, but I do not see a way of doing this
with dnf. The dnf help is either not being helpful or I am just
missing the relevant bit.

You are likely facing the consequences of the dnf's changes having been discussed in

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2015-April/209697.html
ff.

I had been facing this issue myself and consider this dnf behavior change to be such kind of harmful and silly, I feel to decision to use dnf on fc22 should be reverted.

Ralf