howto set kernel command line on live-usb?

On starting live-usb, it says 'hit tab for options' or something like that.
I hit TAB, then I see the command line.  I add my option drm.debug=14 to the
end.  Now what?  If I hit RET, it proceeds to boot.

But looking at journalctl, it doesn't appear that my added command line
option was used!

--
Those who fail to understand recursion are doomed to repeat it