Von: AV <volovics@xxxxxxxx>
An: For testing and quality assurance of Fedora releases <test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Verschickt: Mo, 27 Apr 2015 6:21 pm
Betreff: Re: nouveau driver freeze -- can anyone else reproduce this?

04:48:37AM -0400, Joerg Lechner wrote:
>> If it's an "optimus", is in case of
Geeqie the Nvidia Driver activen
>> or another driver ?
>
> It is indeed
Optimus. Out of the box, Fedora doesn't support switching
> as Windows does.
There are some experimental support for this
> <http://bumblebee-project.org/>,
but it's not very active. So, failing
> that, you can switch in the BIOS setup
screen. In my case, since I'm
> using an external monitor, I needed to set it to
Nvidia, because the
> Intel GPU is only attached to the laptop's built-in
screen.

My experience is that since the inclusion of PRIME gpu offloading
the
nouveau driver seems to handle power management and switching
adequately by
itself, at least on older Nvidia Optimus chips.

And you can get relevant info
on the state through:
  # cat /sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch

And turn
on/off the gpu driving the output by
  # echo ON/OFF >
/sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch

Connect the graphics connectors with:

# echo IGD/DIS > /sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch

AV
--
test mailing
list