Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 22 Alpha Release Candidate 3 (RC3) Available Now!

On Sat, 7 Mar 2015 13:56:22 -0500, Joerg Lechner wrote:

> I don't know how to express correctly in computer English. As I used YUM previously from Fxx to F21,  for installation of YUM I went
> to the software tool in Gnome, put into the search line "yum" and then install. Afterwards there
> was an icon "YUM" amongst all the other application icons,

Really? Maybe your memory plays tricks on you. Here with F21 (x86_64) it
only displays "Yum Extender" (aka "yumex"), the graphical tool.
Same happens when using GNOME Shell "Type to search..." at the top.

> which are displayed, when You hit the "Aktivitaeten"
> Button (F22 German language version), and then the icon at the bottom there.

Sounds unusual. Yum in package "yum" does not include anything that would
have the tools displays it there.

> I could use this simple way to display the yum menue in the window

What do you mean with that? There is no such thing.
Even with Alt+F2 execution of programs, GNOME Shell does not manage to start
"yum", because it needs a terminal program to be started within.

> and in not
> too complicated cases it was not neccessary to go via command line.
> In F22 it is not possible even to find YUM in the Gnome Software Tool, but there is Yum (or Yumex, I don't know the difference) as command line tool.

Again, the Software Tool in F21 only finds "Yum Extender". I haven't
checked whether it still does that for F22 (but I can do that).