Re: Heads up - Anaconda 22.17 will enforce 'good' passwords

On 01/29/15 00:53, Brian C. Lane wrote:
> This Friday's build of Anaconda will no longer allow you to use weak
> passwords and click done twice. In order to promote more secureish
> default systems I have increased the password length required to 8
> characters and removed allowing weak (as defined by libpwquality)
> passwords.
>
> I *know* this is going to be a bit of a pain to get used to. But the
> increased security is worth it. Super simple passwords will no longer be
> allowed, but it is still easy to come up with one that passes the
> checks. pwgen has lots of suggestions.
>
> And on the bright side, you don't have to click done twice anymore :)

You use the pronoun "I" in your message.  Can we, the community, know if it was a unilateral decision or if it was discussed with others?  If it was discussed with others is there a record of the discussion so we can know the arguments presented?