Re: different behaviour between pm_suspend and gnome-tweak-tool->power->suspend in F21

On 12/05/2014 02:55 AM, Joachim Backes wrote:
Using directly a simple pm-supend command (without --quirk-vbe-post) in
a gnome3 session and pressing afterwards some key, the session directly
resumes.

If I say  power->suspend in gnome-tweak-tool and then press the power
button, the machine suspends, but if afterwards I press some key (for
resuming), the gnome3 screen is locked, and I have to enter the passwd.

Any explanation for this difference?

pm-suspend is much lower level and skips all the management stack. Probably similar to running "systemd suspend -i".

See "systemd-inhibit --list" to get an idea of what's happening.