Re: F21-beta issues with NetworkManager and tunX

On Fri, 2014-11-21 at 20:38 -0500, Adrian - wrote:
> Adam Williamson writes:
> > Um. Why did you think you need to do this? NM controls networking on
> > Fedora installs by default for several releases. It
> > uses /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-* as a configuration source -
> > the presence of these files does not indicate that you're not using
> > NetworkManager, they are perfectly valid configuration for NM.
> >
> > I can't answer your ultimate question, but I think this possibly
> > unnecessary step may be muddying the waters a bit.
>
> Well, it's just the purist OCD in me. I'll try a reinstall
> without doing so.
>
> I do _concretely_ feel that NetworkManager is doing something
> new for F21 which it didn't do before, which is jumping on new
> tunX interfaces that show up, which in my case are created by
> OpenVPN.

That could well be the case, as I said, I don't have the knowledge to
answer the ultimate question in your original post, but it'll probably
help to whittle it down to as small a reproduction scenario as possible.
If you can pinpoint a fairly straightforward 'install, do X, and weird
thing Y happens' flow, I'd file a bug - probably against NetworkManager
indeed - with the instructions to reproduce. Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey