Re: Netinstall iso for beta?

On Sun, 2014-11-16 at 22:55 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> On 11/16/2014 09:48 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> > I seem to recall that there was a netinst iso, at least at some
> > point?  I only now have the time for testing, and I don't see it on:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_21_Final_TC2_Installation?rd=Test_Results:Current_Installation_Test
> >

> > I have downloaded the live iso and will start with that tomorrow. What
> > I want to test is the nvram install blocker I hit with F20. I might be
> > able to find some of the various attempts I was told to try including
> > with the F20 live iso, but I would like to try it out flat that either
> > now the nvram write on install works on my Lenovo, or the install
> > continues instead of dying....
>
> I found a netinst for server:
>
> https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/21_TC2/Server/x86_64/iso/
>
> I suppose I can start with that after I determine I can even boot with
> the live workstation.

The 'Server' netinst is really a universal netinst, it defaults to
Server but you can also use it to install Workstation and any other
package set, it's really little different from the F20 netinst.

PR and websites folks etc will have to work out how to
communicate/message this at release time, but the basic intent is that
if you want to do a network install of F21 you can use the 'Server'
network install image; Workstation WG is fine with this being the
deployment method for folks who want to do mass / unattended / remote /
whatever installs of Workstation.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey