Re: Server issues

On 11/16/2014 12:06 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
On 11/17/2014 06:19 PM, Mike Chambers wrote:
Have a few issues that are now having, but think they are all related..

Had a desktop (using as mini server) that was running Fedora 20.  I used
yum to upgrade to latest on F21, both main and testing repos, and
upgraded without a hitch (no errors that I saw).

Now, I can't mount my nfs partitions, email client can't connect, no
ftp, no http.  I can connect to the server via ssh but that's it.  I can
ping out to the internet from the server with no issues.

I am struggling with similar issues - manually nfs mounting works, but
autofs mounting nfs doesn't ;)

Sooo, is that kernel causing a problem,
Unlikely.

or some other service that might
be related that didn't start on boot?
systemd, rsp. services ;)

One issue I had, was nfs-server.service not being started. Seems as if
it was renamed from "nfs.service" in f20 to "nfs-server.service" in f21,
but this renamer not having been taken into account on updates.

 Some port issue or something
related that has to do with all of the issues?
Possible. Check your firewalld setting and the nfs-related settings in
your SELinux-setup. Both seem to require manual tweaks to get them working.

Ralf

Ralf is close - if you watched closley, an .rpmnew file was droped for nfs stated. Some changes were made to the nfs service for F21, so I would recommend double checking all of your config files against the new man pages.

Also, firewalld for F21 includes new zones - FedoraWorkstation (for the workstation product) and FedoraServer (for the server product). These zones become the default for NetworkManager, and start off with only a few services enabled. Server, for instance, defaults to only ssh and cockpit being open - you have to tweak everything else. Workstation has a few more services allowed, but NFS is not one of those.

Dan

--
Dan Mossor
Systems Engineer at Large