Re: Adding GNOME ....

On 11/05/2014 02:00 PM, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
On 11/05/2014 12:35 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 10/26/14 11:06, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Sun, 2014-10-26 at 10:51 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 10/26/14 10:48, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Sun, 2014-10-26 at 10:44 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 10/26/14 10:40, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Sun, 2014-10-26 at 10:20 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
After doing a KDE install from the Fedora-Server-netinst-x86_64-21_Beta ISO I wanted to add GNOME to the mix.

In the past, even on B-TC4 I believe, I simply did "yum groupinstall "GNOME Desktop"". However, now that choice no longer exists when doing "yum grouplist".
Try 'yum install @^gnome-desktop-environment'.
[root@localhost ~]# yum install @^gnome-desktop-environment
Loaded plugins: langpacks
Group gnome-desktop-environment does not exist.
Error: Nothing to do
huh, i see it in comps. maybe someone removed it since my last checkout?
Will you follow up or does a bugzilla of some sort need to be created?
It's not necessarily a bug. It wants more looking into, but I'm not
gonna do it tonight.
Still can't find a way to install the GNOME desktop after doing a KDE install. Using the latest, and greatest, Beta just released.

This could be very annoying to some people.   :-)

OK, try some of the following:

   yum -v   group list
which should list the groups available.

   yum  -v  group info workstation-product-environment

which shows workstation-product

   and finally yum -v info workstation-product
which shows all of the packages for workstation-product (which is what I belive you are looking for).

Gene
This is listed under available groups on my fed21 system: "gnome-desktop"

Available environment groups:
   Basic Desktop (basic-desktop-environment)
   Cinnamon Desktop (cinnamon-desktop-environment)
   Development and Creative Workstation (developer-workstation-environment)
   Fedora Cloud Server (cloud-server-environment)
   Fedora Server (server-product-environment)
   Fedora Workstation (workstation-product-environment)
   Infrastructure Server (infrastructure-server-environment)
   KDE Plasma Workspaces (kde-desktop-environment)
   LXDE Desktop (lxde-desktop-environment)
   MATE Desktop (mate-desktop-environment)
   Minimal Install (minimal-environment)
   Sugar Desktop Environment (sugar-desktop-environment)
   Web Server (web-server-environment)
   Xfce Desktop (xfce-desktop-environment)
Installed groups:
   Administration Tools (admin-tools)
   Audio Production (audio)
   Authoring and Publishing (authoring-and-publishing)
   Books and Guides (books)
   C Development Tools and Libraries (c-development)
   Container Management (container-management)
   D Development Tools and Libraries (d-development)
   Design Suite (design-suite)
   Development Tools (development-tools)
   Editors (editors)
   Educational Software (education)
   Engineering and Scientific (engineering-and-scientific)
   Fedora Eclipse (eclipse)
   GNOME Desktop Environment (gnome-desktop)
   Games and Entertainment (games)
   Graphical Internet (graphical-internet)
   LibreOffice (libreoffice)
   Office/Productivity (office)
   Sound and Video (sound-and-video)
   System Tools (system-tools)
   Text-based Internet (text-internet)
   Window Managers (window-managers)
Available groups:
   3D Printing (3d-printing)
   Cloud Infrastructure (cloud-infrastructure)
   Cloud Management Tools (cloud-management)
   Cloud Server Tools (cloud-server)
   Domain Membership (domain-client)
   Electronic Lab (electronic-lab)
   FreeIPA Server (freeipa-server)
   Hardware Support (hardware-support)
   Headless Management (headless-management)
   KDE (K Desktop Environment) (kde-desktop)
   MATE Applications (mate-applications)
   MATE COMPIZ (mate-compiz)
   Medical Applications (medical)
   Milkymist (milkymist)
   Network Servers (network-server)
   RPM Development Tools (rpm-development-tools)
   Robotics (robotics-suite)
   Security Lab (security-lab)

dnf group install gnome-desktop

Reynold