Re: Self-introduction: Michal

On 25/10/14 05:28, Michał Bajer wrote:
Hello guys
My name is Michal, I'm from Poland and I'd love to join your QA team and stay here for a while :) I am a 2nd year undergraduate student (computer science) and, to be honest, I don't know much about software testing, but I really want to learn. I used Fedora for some time, but my knowledge of the system is pretty basic, Id like to improve it too :) I would really appreciate if someone told me what to do, or at least give some basic guidance about your activities.
All the best, Michal

PS My IRC is outsh :)

I have some general guidelines for testing, adapt as appropriate:

Systematically work through an area, like installation (be careful, and note that it is not practicable to trap most of these - so be selective, especially as developer resources are finite and the time to fix is limited!) :

1. trying all combinations that you think SHOULD be valid

2. trying all combinations that you think MIGHT be valid from the point
   of view of someone inexperienced
3.

       trying all combinations that you think SHOULD not be allowed

Note done carefully what you have done, and compare expected results with actual. Consider what you would need someone else to tell you to reproduce the problem, and explain what the problem is why it is a problem.

Remember to check existing bug reports to see if anyone else has already raised the issue!

Sometimes developers needs someone to verify a potential fix works on hardware and setups other than their own. So even if a bug is fixed, it may still be worth you testing it if you can.

Cheers,
Gavin

Cheers,
Gavin