Re: Transaction history when updated using gnome-software

On 10 October 2014 13:21, Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I thought so. Is there a place one could add things like installonly
> then? If not, what does it do by default? I mean, how did it decide that
> I had five kernels and installing a new one, making it six, implied
> removing three older ones:

The value is used here:
https://github.com/hughsie/PackageKit/blob/master/backends/hif/pk-backend-hif.c#L2934
-- nothing ever changes the default value. If you can give me a good
use case on why this should be configurable, then I can add it to
PackageKit.conf, but I'm not sure I can come up with one.

>> We used to do a warning like this for rawhide, but it would add new
>> strings and also needs some design advice from #gnome-design.
> Should I file a bug upstream, Richard?

Please, tagged with keywords of ui-review -- thanks!

Richard