Re: test request: kernel 3.17 for F21

On 10/08/2014 11:25 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
Hi, folks! It'd be great if people could test this kernel:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/kernel-3.17.0-301.fc21

as F21 is going to 3.17 (rather than 3.16 as initially planned), it'd be
best to get it in composes as soon as possible so we get as much testing
as we can; if testing doesn't uncover any major problems, we can put
3.17 into Beta TC3. If possible I'd like to file the TC3 request
tomorrow afternoon, pulling in the new anaconda/python-blivet builds, a
new lorax bcl says needs trying out, kernel 3.17, and syslinux 6.03,
which appears to fix the optical-media-fail-to-boot issue (or at least,
fixes it on my hardware). thanks folks!
Linux omen.com 3.17.0-300.fc21.x86_64 #1 SMP
No problems noted with 3.17 on omen.com.

For the first time in recent memory, the WEEWX app
started taking data from my Oregon Scientific WMR200
weather station the first time I invoked the app.  Usually
it takes a few tries to get going.

Not unexpectedly, 3.17 broke the Nvidia driver from rpmfusion
on my office machine.  Given how poorly Nouveau supports
some Nvidia cards, this could be an issue.

--
     Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   caf@xxxxxxxx   www.omen.com