Installing nvidia driver on Fedora 21 crashes my system

I have been using Fedora 21 since the alpha release and overall it has worked wonderfully (it has never one crashed and I use it every day), even to the extent of noticing a reduction in the memory consumed and processor usage when I have all my usual application up and running. One thing though is, I find my screen is kind of jerky when I scroll and this has never happened with other Fedora releases.

I therefore tried to install nvidia. I have always followed the steps from http://www.if-not-true-then-false.com/2014/fedora-20-nvidia-guide/. It basically boils down to:

Install RPMFusion
yum install akmod-nvidia xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs kernel-devel acpid
yum install kernel-PAE-devel
mv /boot/initramfs-$(uname -r).img /boot/initramfs-$(uname -r)-nouveau.img
dracut /boot/initramfs-$(uname -r).img $(uname -r)
reboot
However, after reboot, I get the rather interesting message:

Oh no something has gone wrong
A problem has occured and the system can't recover.
Please logout and try again.
I've never had any issues installing nvidia in the past on any Fedora release. Hoping for some solutions on how to fix this. Thanks in the meantime.