Re: Fwd: Re: Installing btrfs file system on Fedora 21 Workstation

On 09/24/2014 09:41 AM, Lawrence E Graves wrote:
On 09/24/14 21:26, Lawrence E Graves wrote:
> I am struggling with how to select the btrfs file system in Fedora 21. Is this a bug that has not been solved or is it my lack of knowledge in the installation of the new Fedora 21. Please advise or correct as needed.

You need to address this question to the "test" list for better attention and service.
It depends on what type of install you are doing. A regular gui install has worked fine for me. Kickstart, well, that is another story.

For the gui, simply select custom partitioning and select BTRFS from the list of types (default is LVM). You can then click on the "auto" partitioning or use "+" to do it yourself. If you are reusing an existing BTRFS volume, that is a bit trickier. Remember that /boot and the rootfs ("/") must be "freshly formatted. If /boot is on a ext partition simply clock on reformat. For the rootfs you will need to delete the current one and then you can alloate a new one reusing both the subvol name and the space.

Now, does that answer your question? If not, what are your specific problems?

Gene