Back to Fedora 20

After rebooting from the crash I ran a YUM update.
After updating a few thousand files YUM started
slowing down and eventually wedged.  Apparently
some limit had been reached on the 32 GB system.

We all know not to stop YUM in the middle of an
operation, but there was no alternative.

I then did a fresh install of the current Fedora 21.
Two important packages had serious problems.

I could not get the firewall to enable needed services
on the port facing the internet.

I could not get httpd to run.  It failed, complaining
about not being able to identify its hostname and/or
domainname.  I started seeing this a few days ago
but on omen.com it is a show stopper.

After a while I gave up and did a net install of good old
Heisenbug.  My various scripts for setting up Fedora
to my tastes seem to have worked perfectly.  Even
/bin/lp works properly!  A very smooth install indeed.

I do miss the new gnome-terminal that rejoins borken
lines when resized.

--
     Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   caf@xxxxxxxx   www.omen.com