Re: default kernel

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 08:28:39 -0400,
 Tom Horsley <horsley1953@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There is all kinds of cryptic gibberish in grub.cfg
dealing with the environment file and saved entries
so I can't even tell exactly where the heck the default
is coming from, but the default selected in the menu
when I boot is the older kernel, so where ever it
is coming from, it is the wrong choice :-).

Normally whether to use the lastest or previous kernel by default is set in /etc/sysconfig/kernel.