Re: Self-Introduction: John Osborne

On 08/08/2014 10:23 PM, John Osborne wrote:
Hi Everyone,

     I'm a 45-year old wannabe programmer.  I just completed my B.S.C.S.
from an online university, and while I think I understand (mostly) the
theory of programming, I don't have much of a feel for the actual
practice.  My background is in electronics - I spent 20 years in the US
Navy, and am now a field-service engineer with a small microwave
communications company.  I'm looking to get my feet wet with just about
anything.  Having finished with school (at least for now), I find myself
with lots of free time that I'd prefer not to use sitting in front of
the TV.

Best,

John (aka TheGeekWhoLived)
Ahoy, Shipmate! Glad to have you onboard. To be fair, not all of QA requires programming knowledge. It helps when tracking down solutions, but it doesn't take much more than determination to find the bugs ;)

I spent 10 years in the Navy as a DS, then they made me an ET and I got injured, so I left to double my salary as a contractor. Now I run networks, and test for Fedora.

--
Dan Mossor
Systems Engineer at Large