Re: Consistent names changed yet again?

On Wed, 6 Aug 2014 07:55:55 -0400
Matthew Miller wrote:

> "consistent on the same machine for a given OS release,
> _across any possible hardware changes_"

Maybe, but I know I watched the interface names change
just because a new version of bisodevname was released
before biosdevname was engulphed by systemd. I wouldn't
be surprised at all to see a systemd update change
the names as well :-(.

I also love the new systemd conventions that give me
a different "consistent" name for my USB wifi dongle
depending on which USB port I plug it into :-).

http://home.comcast.net/~tomhorsley/game/biosdevname.html