Re: is there a better solution than "killall -9 journalctl"?

On Sun, 13 Jul 2014, Adam Williamson wrote:

> On Sun, 2014-07-13 at 15:23 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > On Sun, 13 Jul 2014 17:19:04 -0400 (EDT)
> > "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > >   i'm still trying to understand why fedora rawhide thinks it's
> > > necessary to run a "journalctl" command on every one of my eight
> > > hyperthreaded cores. i'm so disgusted with this indescribable
> > > stupidity that i just gave up and am now running
> > >
> > >   $ sudo killall -9 journalctl
> > >
> > > every 10 seconds on /dev/tty2. i'd love a more elegant solution but,
> > > frankly, this is solving the problem so i'm sticking with it.
> >
> > When I saw this here it was due to abrt...
> >
> > systemctl restart abrtd
> >
> > caused it to stop doing anything here and it's not reappeared yet.
> > YMMV.
>
> Has someone who's seeing this filed it as a bug against abrt yet?

  hmmmmm ... i tried that and it didn't seem to solve the problem. i'm
still reduced to the ugly solution i mention above -- killing
journalctl every 10 seconds. if i don't, multiple invocations of
journalctl eventually just take over my machine.

  i'm sure there's a more elegant fix.

rday