Re: (Rawhide users) Fedora 22 branching: What You Need To Know

Rawhide wiki page should be updated, because:

Q: How do I get out of Rawhide again? I want to continue on the branch leading to the next release.

A: Remove the Package-x-generic-16.pngfedora-release-rawhide package, and perhaps run yum --releasever=(version) distro-sync.

and this results in removing lots of packages as Felix wrote.

On Thu, 2014-07-10 at 03:48 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
> On 2014-07-09 23:37 (GMT-0700) Adam Williamson composed:
>
> > Hey folks! As we just hit a branch point, here's a refresher on what
> > this means for folks who've been running Rawhide.
>
> > If you want to keep running Rawhide, which will now contain packages
> > tracked for Fedora *22*, you don't need to do anything: just keep
> > updating. From tomorrow onwards, you'll start getting '.fc22' packages,
> > tracked for Fedora 22.
>
> > If you want to follow Fedora 21, you'll want to either remove the
> > 'fedora-repos-rawhide' package (that replaced fedora-release-rawhide
>
> # yum remove fedora-release-rawhide

Er. I said to remove 'fedora-repos-rawhide'. (Or just disable the repo.)

> ...will be erased
> ...will be erased
> ...will be erased
> ...will be erased
> ...will be erased
> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: trying to remove "systemd", which is protected
>
> > today), or disable the Rawhide repository using a graphical repo config
> > manager or 'yum-config-manager' from yum-utils:
>
> # yum install yum-config-manager

I said "from yum-utils". Run 'yum install yum-utils'.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

--