How do I disable edid check on kernel command line?

Current Kernel is 3.14.9-200 x86_64. This is a multihead setup; i915 and NV96 video cards (displays HMDI2 = i915 and NV96 DVI-I-1 and VGA-2 [both X233H Acer]). kernel bootmenu is presented from DVI-I-1, after kernel selection, LUKS prompt appears on HMDI2 and DVI-I-1 is disconnected. In multi-user env HDMI2 and VGA-2 are active and dmesg shows edid complaint about DVI-I-1. /usr/bin/edid-decode complains about edid block for both NV96 displays DVI and VGA but for whatever reason DVI is only one disconnected.

So far searches in various forum threads and bugzilla suggest buggy DVI edid problems been around for awhile. The DVI edid block error follows DVI connector, meaning, moving DVI cable to monitor previously with label VGA-2 will produce same edid message. I haven't found complete instructions to build CustomEdid yet, that seems the way to go since commandline settings like drm_edid_strict, video=DVI-I-1:e are ignored.

Pointers to documentation to build customedid or kernel commandline to disable DVI edid checking will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.