no mouse cursor in gdm on rawhide

I run Rawhide in a VMM KVM virtual machine. Since the 3.16 kernels, the mouse cursor is not visible when gdm starts. I can log in with the keyboard, and then the mouse cursor is visible in the Mate desktop. I still have 3.15, and the mouse cursor is visible with that kernel. While I was trying to investigate this, I discovered there was no /var/log/Xorg.0.log file. The one I have is dated April 2. Where does Xorg put its log now?