Leaving the project

Greetings yo all

With regrets I must say I feel we have grown so fat we are about to collapse under our own weight but instead of properly start dealing with that within the project, people chose to ignore that fact but instead chose to force some future vision of RHEL 8 upon the project under the names of .next, products and wg's and constantly attack the solid ground what our foundations have stood for and their meaning all those years and embark on multiproduct releases based on wrong fundamental assumption, without statistical backing up of what they considered being the underlying cause for some of their assumptions and without thoroughly thinking things through what needs to be done before being able to do that as well as the fact we lack the necessary community infrastructure and workflows being in place to remotely being able to achieve delivering multiple products in a useful and efficient manner based on the resources we have in the project.

And as WG's slowy turn into tiny little empires fighting amongst themselves for components directions and maintenance while the owners of those components are scratching their head still trying to figure how the .next,product and wg proposal affects them, their maintenance and where they general fit into that future vision or simply are ignoring it which inevitably will result in them suddenly finding themselves being slapped by reality and waking up from their slumber when it finally does hit them.

Unfortunately I'm not seeing much future or vision in Fedora and it's direction anymore and the fact is that I'm failing to convey what needs to be fixed in any useful and meaningful way and manner, with the end result being that I'm not being heard and at the same time being powerless in fixing things that need fixing within the community. makes me part of the problem not the solution for the project and those that still believe in it and the direction it is taking as well as to who's being lined up to become the project's next leader.

Will, Jon, James,Adam, Kamil, Tim, Peter, John Dulany, Bruno,Chris the entire Fedora unity team and bunch of other people that I have probably forgotten to mention thank you for for your hard work those 8+ years and the pleasure I had working with you.

JBG