Re: Draft 'test outline' for Workstation product

On 05/02/2014 04:29 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Fri, 2014-05-02 at 10:39 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
On 05/01/2014 12:36 PM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
Hi,

Here's the draft for the Workstation product[1]. It's completely based
on Adam's draft for the Server product. A lot more work needs to be
done. I haven't discussed this with the workstation SIG yet.

[1]
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha/Workstation_test_outline
In short we as in the QA community take care of the baseWG product for
the most part so you will need to define all Gnome test cases as well as
anything else added none Gnome specific but product related and come up
with a release criteria including and surrounding that.
That's broadly the work that needs to be done for each product, yes. (We
already have several desktop test cases and release criteria, though).

I do wish you'd stop saying "we as in the QA community take care of the
baseWG product for the most part" as if it were an immutable law of
nature, when it actually seems to be mostly your opinion...

It is was it always has been und got planted into and care to explain how our primary focus on installer/base/core a.k.a baseWG ignores test days and updates-testing.

JBG