Re: Unable to use dnf to update Openssl [Was: Re: Openssl heartbleed]

On Tue, 2014-04-08 at 21:39 -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Apr 2014 12:00:54 +1000
> Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2014-04-08 at 17:57 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > >
> > > The update has been available since yesterday afternoon. You have to
> > > restart your services after installing it.
> >
> > So, I tried to update openssl as the announcement suggested. I
> > couldn't do it via dnf:
> >
> > http://paste.fedoraproject.org/92743/70087521
> >
> > Yum worked just fine:
> > http://paste.fedoraproject.org/92744/13970085
> >
> > Is something the matter with dnf's solver? Bug worth filing?
>
> it is how dnf is designed to work. it refreshes the cache in the
> background periodically. so wont have the new metadata. "dnf clean
> metadata" followed by "dnf update" should have worked okay. It's a side
> effect and design decision of dnf.

I don't see what metadata has to do with it, it's a simple transaction
to update two package files that exist locally. No repo metadata ought
to be involved. If it works with yum it should work with dnf.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey