yum install @kde-desktop not working?

Hello!
I may in the past hit CTRL+C a few times during yum operation but
since I did a RPM database rebuild I was expecting it would not be the
cause of my issue.

That being said, I'm having issues after a system cleanup.

I did
# yum remove qt* kdelibs* gtk*

and now when I do:
# yum install kdm; yum install @kde-desktop

it would seem some dependencies are not installed (not even the option
to start KDE appears on KDM).

( I also tried
# yum groupinstall gnome desktop
but it wouldn't even install gnome-shell (I did install gnome-shell
manually but I only get the shell, absolutely nothing else, not even
the calculator)).

So, my question is: Shouldn't in _theory_ `yum (re)install
@kde-desktop' install everything required for a full KDE install?

Thanks in Advance,
--
Pedro