Re: rawhide - nightly composes

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 8:28 AM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 18:50:34 -0800
Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> we've always had the idea that we should be doing automated testing of
> the nightly composes, and for a short time we even did, using the
> AutoQA 'rats' tests. These haven't worked for some time, but I
> believe we're hoping to revive that with Taskotron once it's up and
> running.
>
> Then maybe we can (finally) populate israwhideworkingyet.com , or
> whatever it was the original zygote of the AutoQA idea was called :)
>
> I'm not sure manual 'voting' on installer images is a good way to go,
> since there's such a huge variety of possible experiences with the
> installer.
>
> I've been using today's nightly to do some test installs, FWIW, and it
> gets most of the way through but then explodes with a keyboard layout
> configuration problem. I'll look into that tomorrow.

In addition to what Adam said... if they don't work for you, please
please report a bug on it? If they aren't working for months on end for
you it's unlikely to just randomly be fixed, you need to let someone
know to fix it. ;)

Thanks for the answers. I shall certainly file a bug report for the non-working images.

@Adam

> I'm not sure manual 'voting' on installer images is a good way to go,
> since there's such a huge variety of possible experiences with the
> installer.

I understand your concern, but something(voting) is better than nothing right?
but if there is better solution as you have mentioned is coming right up in a short while that is very much welcome.

Debian releases CD images every week for their testing repository and they rarely fail to finish an installation  on multiple systems I have tested.
I think Fedora rawhide images has to be sturdy as well which will allow more people to test rawhide.
Not trying to insinuate any disrespect for the hardworking fedora devs, but just stating the info.