Re: Sugar tweaked on desktop validation matrix

On 12/19/2013 12:32 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
Hi, folks. As satellit's been asking me to help him with for ages, I've
changed the desktop validation matrix template page:

https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=QA:Desktop_validation_results_template&diff=365178&oldid=353762

to better reflect the right way to test Sugar. Sugar's quite different
from other desktops, and satellit regularly tests it against a set of
test cases from the Sugar wiki. It seemed like the best way to represent
this was a separate table for Sugar with a link to those test cases, so
that's what I did. It didn't seem worth the usual draft/review cycle,
since it's really mostly satellit who does the Sugar stuff, so I just
checked he was OK with it then went ahead. If anyone sees any issues or
a better way to do it, please yell!

Ideally it might be nice to write up the upstream test cases a bit more
cleanly in the upstream wiki so we can link to them better, but for now
this'll do, I think. It's a non-blocking desktop anyway, so it's not
hugely important.

Since Sugar is aimed at kids, I'm going to let my kids (9 and 6 years old) test it. I'll use as many of the test cases as I can from the matrix, and between the three of us we may come up with more.

--
Dan Mossor
Systems Engineer at Large