Re: Draft combined checksums test case and sanity matrix

On Sun, 2013-12-15 at 20:18 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> Hi, folks. So I've had this on my todo list for the last three weeks
> (oops...):
>
> "adamw to draft a new test case and matrix row for validating cloud
> image checksums"
>
> So I finally got around to doing it. Looking at how to integrate a test
> into the matrices, it seemed to me like we could combine all the 'image
> sanity' tests together into a single matrix; over time, they've all got
> separated and moved around into sort of random positions in the tables,
> and we don't really need three different checksum test cases.
>
> So, I've drafted a 'generic' checksum test case, which is really just
> the ISO checksum test case -
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Mediakit_ISO_Checksums -
> slightly modified to make the 'checkisomd5' step optional (to cover the
> case of the non-ISO images to which it doesn't apply).
>
> Then I drafted a new matrix, with just the image sanity tests in it:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_sanity_matrix
>
> we could make this its own page, or we could simply make it a section of
> the Installation matrix page, it doesn't really matter. Obviously, the
> tests would be moved out of their current locations.
>
> Oh, I've just noticed, we would also have to slightly extend
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Mediakit_ISO_Size to list
> target sizes for ARM and Cloud images. This would be a trivial change. I
> think we can assume their max sizes are CD size (same as netinst) for
> all except the ARM KDE image, which probably can be taken to have the
> same size target as the x86 Live.

As all the feedback in the meeting this morning was positive, and
viking-ice didn't raise any objections when I asked him about it, I've
gone ahead and just done this - created the f21 installation results
template:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Fedora_21_Install_Results_Template

and put the new image sanity matrix in at the top, taking the image
sanity tests out from everywhere else they existed. I put my draft
checksum test case into production as
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Mediakit_Checksums - Andre,
if you see anything wrong, yell, or just go ahead and fix it! - and
threw some ARM and cloud target sizes into
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Mediakit_ISO_Size . I also
tweaked the colors of the section headings while I was in there, so none
of them are duplicated and USB isn't grey any more :)

Yell if anyone sees anything wrong - this stuff won't be used in anger
until we hit F21 Alpha testing, and may need more revision for the
fedora.next stuff, so it's not very urgent. I just wanted to make sure I
didn't forget about it and wind up never pushing it out.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey