Re: deja-dup

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 8:43 PM, Adam Williamson <adamw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Richard Vickery <richard.vickeryrv@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 5:00 PM, Richard Vickery <richard.vickeryrv@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 4:39 PM, Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2013-12-05 at 16:08 -0800, Richard Vickery wrote:
> Thanks! deja-dup-preferences worked! Of course, you were probably
> well-aware of this.

It's there in the applications menu too. Searching for "deja dup" or
"backup" in activities takes you right to it. Can you elaborate on what
you tried when you couldn't locate the GUI?
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,

I did a GUI search and it showed nothing; as soon as I got to the "a" in "deja", nothing showed, yet I yum installed it before this.

now it isshowing

--

You know, I've actually seen something similar where an overview search for something I know exists doesn't show it, and it does seem to change per letter. It seemed too vague and transient to report, but maybe it would bear looking at.
--

If it happened to you, Adam, as well, I wonder if it might be a bug? Does if happen to others? Being somewhat ignorant, I thought the problem was me and how I installed it, which is why I brought it up. It would be interesting to find out the randomness of this thing.

Unrelated question: If you add the initial of your last name rather than the full name, it seems that you don't like your name. I know why woman do it - to free themselves from patriarchy, but why do men do it?